Friday, May 27, 2011

Prosperity Through Service and Love of Lord

2 Chronicles Chp 31

I often think of my own prosperity and comfort as I am fully aware of the financial blessings God has provided and entrusted to me.  Yet I need to remind myself of the purpose of prosperity - it is not my own comfort; instead it is for God's glory.

5 As soon as the order went out, the Israelites generously gave the firstfruits of their grain, new wine, olive oil and honey and all that the fields produced. They brought a great amount, a tithe of everything. 6 The people of Israel and Judah who lived in the towns of Judah also brought a tithe of their herds and flocks and a tithe of the holy things dedicated to the LORD their God, and they piled them in heaps.

...

“Since the people began to bring their contributions to the temple of the LORD, we have had enough to eat and plenty to spare, because the LORD has blessed his people, and this great amount is left over.” 

...

20 This is what Hezekiah did throughout Judah, doing what was good and right and faithful before the LORD his God. 21
In everything that he undertook in the service of God’s temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered. 

I must think not of my own comfort but of God first and His glory.

My Prayer: Lord, you are great and your love of me and of all your children is great - love abounds.  I am amazed at how you have blessed me beyond imagination - all through your grace and love as I am not deserving.  This is your fruit alone!  When I think of my own comfort and of my own blessings forgive me and help me understand that I am a steward of the blessings you have provided in your trust of me.  Help me glorify you with how I use these blessings and to give generously and wholeheartedly to you - according to your will and for your glory.