Tuesday, April 10, 2012

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?

James 2

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 

I do serve this begs the question whether I am serving enough or whether I am doing what God intends for me.  Clearly I can always do more and I can always be questioning and seeking in prayer to understand God's will for me to serve.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus,Your deeds are great as I see them both in the world and in my own life.  You work miracles and You are full of grace and love. I am not deserving of such grace and love as I am selfish Lord.  I thank You for how You have blessed me and forgiven me.  I am also thankful that You are in my life.  Please forgive me Lord Jesus for my selfishness and help me focus on You and others as I want to be more like You.  Transform both my heart and my life Lord Jesus and do with me as You wish so that I can be more like You.  Help me also understand Your will for my life - write a message on my heart and help me obey and follow You with all of my heart.