Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One who is slack in his work s brother to one who destroys.

Proverbs 18

One who is slack in his work
    is brother to one who destroys.

God provides us a job on earth and we are to do it joyfully.  This is also an admonition elsewhere:

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free. (Ephesians 6:5-8)

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know that You bless me with a job and You have blessed me with so much more...well beyond what I deserve.   I confess to You that I am a selfish person and I am not a patient person also.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me be more like You.