Monday, February 25, 2013

I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve.

Jeremiah 17

“I the Lord search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward each person according to their conduct,
according to what their deeds deserve.” v10

This is something I struggle with often - if my outward conduct and deeds is enough to please God.  I know I can do more.

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:14-17  

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God full of patience, compassion and mercy towards me.  I am weak, impatient, and angry - often.  I know You love me anyway - thank You Lord Jesus.  Please forgive me for my lack of patience and anger.  Rid me and purify me of this Lord Jesus.