Tuesday, June 18, 2013

‘This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.’

Haggai 2

‘This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.’ v5

The Lord keeps His promises.  He is always with us...even when we sin.  See also here.

This reminds of the Parable of the Lost Sheep:

Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. Luke 15:1-7

My Prayer: Lord, I know You are with me...always.  And no matter what I do, you will always welcome me back.  Now I know I will sin...but You will always be there with open arms if I seek Your forgiveness.  What a great God You are!  I am not worthy of such love.  I am full of anger and selfishness. Thank You that You love me anyway, but please forgive me.  Help me be more like You and help me so that Your desires are my desires.