Thursday, July 25, 2013

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. v16

As Jesus begins His Sermon on the Mount, I can hear him speak directly to me:

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. v14-15

For me the challenge becomes:
  1. Do I have my lamp lit - am I publicly glorifying God by who I am and what I do to love and serve others in the name of Jesus Christ?
  2. Am I going into the world to allow others to see the light of my lamp - am I stepping out or am I hiding under a bowl?
These are challenging questions indeed, and I seek God's help.


 
 My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God - Your light is so bright that it can never be extinguished and it will be seen everywhere.  You are "the way, the truth, and the life", and I desperately seek Your help Jesus.  I am weak and I fail to light my lamp and I fail to show my light publicly when it is lit.  I know You love me anyway so thank You but please forgive me for my lack of a bold and daring faith.  Help me Jesus.  Please grow in my heart and in my life Jesus.