Monday, December 2, 2013

"If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

Matthew 18

 "If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away.  It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell." v8-9

There are many influences in the world that cause believers to stumble..whether movies, TV, music, magazines, the Internet, people, etc.  Steps, for all practical purposes, need to be taken such that these influences are removed from your life.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and the creator of all good and perfect gifts...the heavens and the earth and everything in between from the beginning of time to the end of time in all the universe.  You don't need me at all yet You not only use me You redeem my sin for Your glory.  How amazing You are.  And You love me!  I am not worthy of such love Jesus because I neglect my relationship with You...I say I don't need You when I don't daily run to You.  Please forgive me for this sin and help me turn from this sin and help me grow in my faith, love, trust, and obedience of You.