Monday, June 2, 2014

“Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’”

Luke 14

“Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’” v23-24

I've had wise Christians tell me that the Lord Jesus' patience is not unlimited...yet I really could not follow this without a scripture reference.  While I am not 100% certain here...this verse in Luke does imply that the Lord indeed does not have an unlimited patience in that those who hear the true word of God yet refuse to respond and accept Him will at some point be too late to be accepted into the Kingdom of God.

The question of course is when does this patience run out? 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed a God full of patience and second chances...Your love knows no boundaries.  Jesus, I am not worthy of such love and blessing because I am lazy, impatient, full of pride, selfish, etc.  These sin continue to plague me.  I am deeply sorry Jesus.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.