Friday, January 20, 2017

Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.

Proverbs 28

Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe. v26

I am confident of many things and often my confidence rests in myself and this leads to arrogance and hubris. Yet our confidence must rest in God alone for without Him we can do nothing:

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God, full of love, compassion, mercies, etc. for me.  I recognize this morning that apart from You I can do nothing.  You created me and You call me to live for You and others.  Yet I often don't.  Thank You for how You bless me beyond what I deserve but I need Your mercies. Please forgive me for falling short of Your desire for me - I am lazy, impatient, arrogant, and worried about the world.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Give myself and Lisa wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me lead and serve my family, You, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.