Saturday, April 8, 2017

This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

1 John 2

This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. v5-6

Challenging words indeed from John - John wants us to live in the light and for us to live in the light and in Him (Jesus), we must live as Jesus did.  A very high standard indeed.  A great place to start is with Jesus' two most important commandments:

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed a great God and You lived a sinless perfect life then willingly laid down Your life for me so that I would be freed from the sting of sin and death and so that I would have eternal life in Heaven with You.  How awesome are You!  Thank You Jesus for doing all that You have done and for doing all that You do.  I know my worship is but filthy rags I offer it with the hope that You will accept my life as a living sacrifice.  Please.  Forgive me for not being all that You desire for me.  I am selfish and I desire my comfort far too often.  Please forgive me and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.