Monday, June 26, 2017

The Lord was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master. When his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord gave him success in everything he did[.]

Genesis 39

The Lord was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master. When his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord gave him success in everything he did[.] v2-3

The MacArthur Bible commentary points out a contrast between Joseph in this chapter and Judah's in Genesis 38 where wickedness and immorality prevail. Like Reuben, Judah attempts to rescue Joseph from death at the hands of his brothers (Genesis 38:26-27), yet is complicit (and even provides the idea!) in the plot to sell Joseph into slavery.  Like yesterday's post, perhaps we see once again how sin is punished with Judah just as it may been with Jacob.  

Joseph is enslaved yet he still focuses on glory for God - even in prison (v21).

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

[G]ive thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 

Jesus - help me glorify You in all that I do...where ever I am.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and I know that You are with me....always.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such a God.  I love You.  Forgive me.  Help me overcome my weakness.  Help me turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.