Monday, April 23, 2018

In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel.

Isaiah 4

In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel. v2

Isaiah 3 and 5 speak of how God brings judgement on Israel and Judah and how many will suffer. Yet in chapter 4 we see a glimpse of hope for those who have remained faithful.  The reference to
the vine and the branch calls to mind John 15.


Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has cleansed me, tended to me, encouraged me, healed me, disciplined me, molded me, and so much more - You are a great God and apart from You I can do no good things.  Thank You Jesus for being a lamp unto my feet.  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.   Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.