Thursday, July 18, 2019

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Romans 3

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin. v20

Although the most oft-quoted verse regarding how all of us are equal in our sin is Romans 3:23, Paul gives us v20 which helps us understand as well that it is through scripture that God reveals to us the depth of our sin - that we can ONLY be reconciled to God through faith in Christ.

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You HAVE revealed sin to me and You have both softened my heart for You and others, and You have transformed my heart and life to be more like You. Thank You Jesus!  I know there is much to do so please help me grow closer to You to be more like You.  I am undeserving of all of what You have done for me - You saved a sinner like me.  Please forgive me for how I sin, especially my harshness with others.  Please forgive me and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.