Monday, November 11, 2019

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Hebrews 4

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. v15-16

Yesterday, I posted about how "a fear of God knowing about our disobedience and fear of God's understanding of this disobedience should drive us closer to God".   We should desire to draw close God as well based on my scripture for today v15-16.

First we have a God who is - unlike anyone else - able to empathize with us because He has been tempted in EVERY way but did not sin.  He also knows everything about our thoughts and deeds yet He STILL loves us and for believers adopts us into His family.

We CAN approach Him in confidence.

See also posts here

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has laid down His life for me - nailing my sin to the cross.  You know everything about me yet You still surrendered Your life for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a God.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.