Monday, December 27, 2021

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God...And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

1 Corinthians 10 and Colossians 3

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God...And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 1 Corinthians 10:31, Colossians 3

This afternoon, until I start a new Bible study, I continue using devotionals from John Piper.  Today, the post focuses on giving us purpose - every day.  This is particularly appropriate, given the approaching new year.  We may seek resolutions, but more important than any earthly aim we may have, we are encouraged by Piper to seek a heavenly aim....to seek Him and to seek the glory of God through our lives each and every day.  We are encouraged to do so also so that we may avoid the aimlessness that occurs when we build our houses on sand (Matthew 7:24-27).  

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who serves us as my rock and foundation - the Cornerstone of my life and for all things - thank You Jesus.  I am not deserving of such a God.  I sin...daily, worry being a persistent sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa as her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.