Saturday, June 4, 2011

Amen, Ezra - We Are Unclean!

Ezra Chp 9

As I ponder what I read, it strikes me that Ezra's shame, guilt and humility in the face of God, in the face of God's grace despite the Israelites' sin, reflects a place where we must all start in our faith.  We are sinful and we need God - desperately! 

13 “What has happened to us is a result of our evil deeds and our great guilt, and yet, our God, you have punished us less than our sins deserved and have given us a remnant like this. 14 Shall we then break your commands again and intermarry with the peoples who commit such detestable practices? Would you not be angry enough with us to destroy us, leaving us no remnant or survivor? 15 LORD, the God of Israel, you are righteous! We are left this day as a remnant. Here we are before you in our guilt, though because of it not one of us can stand in your presence.” 

Is Ezra not reflecting what we all reflect or what we all should reflect?

If we are to draw close to God, and walk with God closely, we must start with we NEED God.  Of course we need God for many reasons but one key reason why we need God is that He is perfect, He washes away our sin and He provides heart and life transformation, and He provides eternal life!

My Prayer: Lord, indeed how righteous and glorious you are as you are full of love and grace for us, for me, for all humanity that our sins can be washed clean and that we can sit beside you in heaven forever and forever  - this is AMAZING!  I am deeply sorry for how I sin daily and I KNOW I need you so please purify me of my sin and help me glorify you with my life.