Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Am Compelled To Take My Role As Head of Household Seriously

2 Kings Chp 21

Although I am no king, I am struck by the language used here to describe how King Manasseh led his people astray:

But the people did not listen. Manasseh led them astray, so that they did more evil than the nations the LORD had destroyed before the Israelites.(verse 9)

Leaders are in roles of great responsibility and consequence and we must take these roles seriously.

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. (Luke 12:48)

As a husband and father I am clear what my role is as a husband and a father and as head of the household, I need to shepherd the hearts of those in my family, including my wife, and my children.  The consequences of my inability to do this are great and the example of Manasseh implores me to really step up.

My Prayer: Lord, your example as a shepherd is great as you love all of those in your flock and care for each one with amazing love.  Many times if not most of the time I fall short of being the husband, father and servant leader that you call me to be.  Forgive me for this and please help me step up.  Give me strength.