Tuesday, February 7, 2012

He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart.

1 Corinthians 3

There are many earthly and worldly matters that I treat with urgency.  But, do I treat my relationship with the Lord with urgency?  Do I live my life with eternity in mind and consequently follow Christ's teachings with urgency. 

No.  I don't.  I am just like those to whom Paul is speaking:

5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

At this time, I am concerned that if the appointed time was near what would God say about how I lived my life.  I don't want to know....I simply want to live the life God intends for me.

My Prayer: Lord, Your love for me is amazing yet I don't deserve it.  Please forgive me for being distracted by earthly and worldly matters.  Help me daily fix my eyes on You.  Purify me of my sin and transform my heart and my life.  Help me live life with the end in mind.