Thursday, June 21, 2012

How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 139

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand[.]

While this Psalm is most often discussed in the context of how God from our very birth and even before, has great plans for us and that we should never doubt this.  Today's reading says to me and reveals to me the extent to which God thinks of me...a sign of the depth and breadth of His love for me.  That God's thoughts of me outnumber the grains of sand...that is an amazing amount of love!!

My Prayer: Lord, wow!  I don't think I have ever understood the depth and breadth of Your love in such terms!  I am amazed that You think of me and love me so much...I am not deserving of such love.  I am lazy, mean, selfish, and prideful.  I thank You for the love You have for me and I need it NOW.  I pray Lord Jesus that You forgive me for my sin today.  Purify and refine me - transform both my heart and my life Lord Jesus.  Help me be more like You.  Help me recognize Your love for me so that I can more fully love You with all of my heart, soul and mind.