Monday, June 4, 2012

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90

Once again I am drawn to the words of Moses spoken here that we are to make the most of our time on earth.

Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
  (v12)

Similar sentiments are echoed through scripture, including 2 Peter 2:

Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles...(2 Peter 2:11)

We are only on earth as foreigners and exiles (temporarily) and we are to make the most of our time....so that we can bring others to Him and dutifully fulfill our roles and purpose for Him.
 
My Prayer: Lord, You are Truth and Your plans and wisdom are great.  I know that You have great plans for me and I confess to You now that I am weak and I question my own ability to follow You and to be used by You.  I thank You for Your faith, trust, and love of me - yet I feel I am not worthy.  Please build me up and help me lean on You so that I can more boldly do Your work for You here on earth.