Tuesday, July 31, 2012

For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you,and understanding will guard you.

Proverbs 2

There are several passages here where I hear God speaking to me:

My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding —
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He holds success in store for the upright,
    he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
for he guards the course of the just
    and protects the way of his faithful ones. 

...

Then you will understand what is right and just
    and fair—every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
    and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you,
    and understanding will guard you. 

...

12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
    from men whose words are perverse,

...

16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
    from the wayward woman with her seductive words,

,,, 

20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good
    and keep to the paths of the righteous.

Of course I seek all of this, including protection for wickedness and sin - my own sin and the sin of others that can draw me into my own sin.  Verse 10-11 in particular speak to me in that I desire God's wisdom on many fronts: so that I can understand His will for my life and also for his protection from sinful and bad choices.


My Prayer: Lord, Your wisdom is infinite.  You now the answers to all questions and I can come to You with any difficult question or problem - this is amazing.  That you provide all of this for me however is humbling because I don't deserve this.  I am weak and sinful.  I lust after other women from time to time and this is wrong and sinful.   I am thankful that You love me anyway but I desperately need Your forgiveness Lord.  And I need Your protection from such sin.  Help me build up my faith and my trust in You so that I can become more like You and wisdom will enter my heart and knowledge will be pleasant to my soul.