Thursday, August 2, 2012

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

When I don't come to the Lord and see His word, it is essentially, in my view, saying that I don't need Him.  How disrespectful and arrogant!  On the other hand, when I do come to the Lord in quiet time and seek His message for me, it makes all the difference as it says here in Proverbs.


My Prayer: Lord, I know Your wisdom is Truth and there is no other truth.  I also know You are a great and amazing God - what a beautiful drive I had yesterday on my way to UVA - such an amazing creation You made with Earth.  You are amazing because You love me no matter what - and I confess to You that I often don't trust in You with all of my heart and lean on my own understanding - and this is sinful.  I did this yesterday by not coming to You for Your Word for me.  I thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Please also build up my faith and help me seek You out daily - transform my heart and my life Lord so that I can daily delight You with my offerings.