Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors,

Proverbs 8

Here I am implored to focus on wisdom - God's wisdom - the one and only Truth from which all other wisdom flows.  I am also told to

- listen and watch daily for this wisdom
- "find [this wisdom]" or else "hard [your]self"


32 “Now then, my children, listen to me;
    blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
    do not disregard it.
34 Blessed are those who listen to me,
    watching daily at my doors,
    waiting at my doorway.
35 For those who find me find life
    and receive favor from the Lord.
36 But those who fail to find me harm themselves;
    all who hate me love death.” 

I've been told that I need to read my Bible daily but I can't recall the Bible expressly saying this...here it is.

My Prayer: Lord, Your Word and Wisdom is amazing....it is life giving and I have felt this life spirit run through me like blood, powering transformation of both my life and my heart to be more like You.  Yet I know there is MUCH more refinement for me Lord because I continue to sin.  Yesterday I was full of anger, impatience, and pride.  Thank You Lord Jesus for Your Word of course but thank You also that You forgive me for past sin and love me anyway.  Please forgive me for my sin yesterday, and help me come find You daily.