Thursday, May 30, 2013

3 But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish.

Jonah 1

But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord.  Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up.  v3-4

Do I knowingly and purposely defy the Lord's desires for me?  I have previously and for this I will atone for ultimately. 

This story of Jonah is one that plays out in my life...I am often resistant to do what I know God wants and asks me to do.  Yet I foolishly sometimes defy his wishes thinking nothing will happen of me or that I can avoid God's call for me...foolish!

Not only can I not hide from the Lord (as posted here) but God will accomplish what He wants from me despite what I do (as posted here)!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You created everything and You are in control.  You also know what is best for me.  You make requests of me for my own good and of course Your glory.  There is no other God but You.  I need nothing else in my life but You.  Yet I have defied Your and run from You.  I know You love me anyway - thank You Jesus! - but please forgive me!  Help me deepen my love, trust, faith, and obedience in You.  Help me have a bold and daring faith knowing You are in control and it is all for Your glory and my good.