Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites....

Hosea 3

The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites....v1

The Lord in Hosea 1 commands Hosea to marry a promiscuous woman and sure enough she commits adultery.  In Hosea 3, the Lord commands Hosea to commit to and love his wife Gomer as the Lord loves the Israelites - despite their sin.  We are to love as God loves - plain and simple.

This message is particularly relevant to me as I am a critical person and typically my first instinct is to criticize and not love.

My Prayer: Lord, even though there is much to criticize me for, You love me and You even died for me.  I am not deserving of such love.  I thank You for such love and I ask You Jesus that You forgive me for my lust, my critical nature and harsh words, and my selfishness (among just a few my sins).  Please rid me of such sin and help me be more like You.  I want Your desires to be my desires.