Tuesday, August 13, 2013

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?"

Matthew 6

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" v25

My worry reveals a focus of my heart.  Hand in hand to this discussion is being at the center of God's will.  Some people don't worry but they also don't try to live in the center of God's will.  You need to do both.  Not to say that I am able to do both but it is something I strive to do. 

I sometimes worry about my own weight, my own appearance, what others think, and also what is happening with Lisa or with Zach and Dustin.  

I really need the peace that is only available through Jesus Christ - see also post here.

My Prayer: Lord, You are truly a great God...a God who protects, defends and provides refuge from harm and evil of all kind.  And You provide it to those who ask, even if they don't deserve it.  How great is that!  I am not deserving of such love and blessing.  Thank You Jesus for providing it anyway.  Please also forgive me.  Help me grow my love of You and my desire to serve You.  Help me be Your humble and devoted servant.