Monday, September 9, 2013

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock."

Matthew 7

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock." v24

Jesus says that the greatest commandment (Mark 12:30) is that we must love Him with all of our "heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength".  

In Matthew 7, Jesus provides another perspective on how this love manifests itself - through actions.  James says the same thing in James 1:22-24:

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror  and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.

My Prayer: Jesus, there is no other God but You - You are the creator, the provider, the healer, the teacher, judge, protector, conqueror....and SO much more!  Yet, I fall short in my love for You...even so You love me anyway.  How amazing You are!  Thank You that You love me Jesus, despite my sin.  Please forgive me for my lack of faith, trust, and love of You.  Please help me Jesus...grow in my heart and my life Jesus.  Take over my heart, my life, and transform me so that I am more like You and more pleasing to You.