Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”

Luke 13

"Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.” v30

Clearly the measures that are typically used on earth don't concern Jesus...wealth, power, status, accomplishments, etc.  Jesus cares about how You are serving and glorifying Him for that is why we exist.

Another verse earlier in this chapter is relevant for me today:

“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." v24

Earlier in Luke is also very relevant:

 “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You certainly went through the narrow door and denied Yourself...all for me.  What a great God You are!  You continue to love me even though I am quite unworthy!  I am selfish, lazy, prideful, impatient, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart soul, mind, and strength.