Friday, May 2, 2014

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

Luke 11

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

God wants to hear from us in worship and in prayer.  When we pray we are to acknowledge His greatness (adoration) and through this our need (confession) given our sins, then we are to thank Him for His love and blessing (thanks) and then finally for our requests for ourselves and for others (intercessory prayer) - see also this reference on the A.C.T.S. acronym guide on prayer.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great in that You are always available for me in Prayer.  You always hear my call and I know You always answer my call.  I am not worthy of such love and blessing Jesus...I am prideful, lazy, and selfish, among my many sins.  Thank You for Your love despite Your knowledge of who I am.  Please forgive me Jesus....help me turn from my sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.