Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.”

Luke 22

"Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.” v46

Echoing yesterday's post, prayer works and in this case Jesus asks the disciples to pray as a means to draw near Christ...and to protect against the influences of Satan and sin.  
I deeply desire to be more in prayer.  
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed my provider, my healer, my power, my refuge...and all else.  You are everything I will ever need.  Yet I often neglect my relationship with You and hence fall prey to sin....impatience, anger, pride, arrogance, selfishness, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn towards You and away from sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.