Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.

Luke 24

Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened. v12

Jesus had predicted all of this and had even told the disciples what would happen - yet none of the truly listened to Jesus and responded accordingly.  Of course, Jesus knew they were not listening but it still begs the question for me - I am truly listening to Jesus and what He says to me?

I certainly hope so....I pray however that Jesus can help me stay close to Him and His desires for me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I indeed marvel at the perfection of Your will and Your power.  You have worked miracle after miracle in my life and You continue to love and serve me - what a great God You are.  You are the only God for me.  I am not worth such love and blessing Jesus - in as much as I say You are my God I often act otherwise and this is sinful.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me be turn away from such sin and towards You.  Help me be the man You intend for me and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.