Friday, August 22, 2014

"Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”

John 7

"Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.” v24

As Jesus is teaching in the temple courts, He admonishes the crowd that focuses on following the law of Moses.  Jesus correctly is concerned about our heart condition.


Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23


While our external behavior is important, what is most important is our heart condition and the extent to which we believe and love Jesus and love others as ourselves - see also my post from a few days ago.
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and everything You about amazes me and I am so blessed that You love me.  I am blessed beyond what I deserve.  I am quick to anger and slow to listen.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and help me turn from these sins and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength, and help me help me love others and myself.  Help me also grow and mature in my faith.