Monday, November 10, 2014

Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.

Acts 9

Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers. v31

We must live in reverence (awe) of the Lord AND be encouraged by the fact that Jesus is WITH us all the time through the Holy Spirit.  Reverence of the Lord is commanded by God and the Holy Spirit supports our efforts to love and revere God because God is just and He loves us...he chose us and then died on the cross for us.  He continues to be available to us anywhere and anytime...why would we not revere and love such a God!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus - indeed You are a great God!  I marvel in how You create the seasons and the beauty of nature.  You do this for me!  How great and kind You are.  I am not worth such love and blessing. I am quick to anger, slow to listen, selfish, harsh with my words and actions, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me be always in awe and in love with You.