Thursday, December 18, 2014

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 5

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. v3-4

Jesus is always available to us through the Holy Spirit:


....because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. v5

James speaks of this as well:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

My Prayer: Indeed Lord, You are able to redeem all for Your glory and our good.  You know everything that we need and what is good for us.  You love us and look out for us as the perfect Father You are.  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, selfish, impatient, prideful, arrogant, and harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions...just to name a few of my sins.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus...and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.