Thursday, June 4, 2015

All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered.

1 Timothy 6

All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. v1

Paul has stated similar commands in Ephesians 6.  It is also written about in Psalm 51, and 1 Peter 2.  This squares of course with Jesus' commandment that we are to love others as Jesus loves us...this those in positions of authority over us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are...You have blessed me abundantly...just as You promised!  I am not worth such abundance.  I am selfish, among my many sins!  Thank You that I am not slave to my sins but that You offer me forgiveness and a way out of my sin.  Please do forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me respect those in authority over me.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort, strength and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.