Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.

1 Timothy 5

The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. v17

I have previously posted about church leadership here.  It is sinful to grumble and complain about anything and Paul admonishes us here with the implication that is it even worse to grumble and complain about church leadership.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have led Lisa and myself to great churches where I have grown tremendously in You and You in me...places where we have developed powerful relationships with brothers and sisters in Christ...those who have supported us, loved us and encouraged us greatly.  What a blessing.  I am not worth such love and blessing Jesus.  Yet You not only blessed me in the past You continue to be an active loving God blessing me now.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I continue to grumble and complain.  Please forgive Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me avoid grumbling and complaining about anything, particularly church leadership.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort, strength, and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.