Friday, July 24, 2015

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

James 1

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. v2-3

I read a post this morning that it is believed based on the use of imperative verbs that James is the "bossiest book in the bible".  Kinda interesting....in these two early verses of James I am reminded how I am to consider it pure joy during this current trial with Lisa where she is going through cancer treatment...not easy but when I think about it, James is saying "consider" and when you look up the definition of consider here, the implication is that we are to keep in top of mind during our trial that God is doing this for our good and His glory and that we should be honored.  We are in fact His ambassadors (2 Corinthians 5:20).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, everything You do is perfect - Your will, designs, plans, works, everything!  What our family is experiencing right now is according to Your plan...I know..even though it is indeed a trial.  You have seen us through trials previously and You will with this one as well.  You are great!  Thank You for Your love, protection, encouragement, etc.  I am not worth such blessings.  I am selfish, angry, lazy, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me consider this and all of my trials as pure joy.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.