Monday, July 20, 2015

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.”

Hebrews 12

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” v28-29

Jesus, I know that You will never go away, Your words will never go away and that I should have 100% confidence and faith in You...a faith that is based on reverence and awe.  I should have such faith because if I don't believe in Him I am subject to destruction...which is what I deserve anyway for my sin.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are so full of grace, compassion, patience, etc.  I sin...repeatedly, sometimes knowing full well what I am doing...forgive me Jesus!  You have forgiven me for all of my sins already but I need You daily to do this...I am lazy, quick to anger and slow to listen...again Jesus please help me and forgive.  You are a great God and You have blessed me beyond what I deserve - thank You Jesus!  Help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Help me live in reverence and awe of You...daily...and to base my faith on this reverence and awe.  Help me have in my heart Your permanent nature and Your permanent words.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.