Friday, August 28, 2015

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

1 Peter 1

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” v15

Peter is encouraging the early church in modern-day Turkey that they are to be set apart...to glorify God through what they do.

This verse which I am calling is out is sprinkled throughout the Bible:
- Leviticus 11:44
- Leviticus 19:2
- Ezekiel 36:23

First of all, we are made in God's image to glorify Him.  Second, we are called to being others to Him so others should desire God through what they see in us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus - You are pure, holy and blameless...perfect.  All that You are, have done will do, is perfect.  Everything You have done for me and will do for me is perfect.  You know everything about me and what is good for me.  You love me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I am weak, and I often do not glorify You through what I do.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me be holy!  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal her of this cancer - thank You Jesus for the healing You have already provided!  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.