Thursday, August 20, 2015

Come near to God and he will come near to you.

James 4

Come near to God and he will come near to you. v8

Who does not want God to be near to them?  Scripture elsewhere also talks about this: 
Jeremiah 29:12-13 > Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 
Proverbs 8:17 > I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.
Lamentations 3:25 > The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.

Jesus - I DO desire to be near to You and I do want Your goodness. I have experienced this richly in my life and I want more of it!

My Prayer: Lord You are the rock star of rock stars!  There is no God like You and I love You. I need You desperately in my life - to cleanse me, to protect me, to encourage me, teach me, etc.  Help me Jesus!  I know You have blessed me beyond what I deserve already and for this I am deeply grateful.  I am not worth such blessings - I am impatient, quick to anger, etc. Please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me continuously seek You.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort and strength.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Please heal Lisa of this cancer permanently - now!  Help this surgery go successfully.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.