Friday, November 6, 2015

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

1 Peter 5
Night Vision

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. v8-9

From the devotion, the key takeaway is this:

Notice that he doesn’t give just anyone living wisdom for the fight. He looks for the difference between the intellectual understanding and practical application.  We all know lots of guys, pastors, and full-time theologians who have been given the Intel that God provides and are still getting slaughtered by the enemy. The Bible says the more spiritually undivided you are the better your Intel gets. More integrity, more clarity, “He stores up sound wisdom for the upright…. Is a shield to those who walk in integrity.

Francis Chan uses 2 Peter 1 to emphasize how Jesus wants us to "make every effort"...to be in action.  Help me be in action...help me make every effort.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are....You make every effort all the time...for all of Your children...including myself!  Thank You Jesus!  Forgive me for not making every effort.  Help me turn from my laziness and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me make every effort.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer, including all of these side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.