Friday, November 20, 2015

My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion...

Misplaced Passions
Proverbs 3

My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion...v21

As I posted a couple of days ago, sin is real, on the "prowl" and it wants to and can "devour" us.  God is where I should place my full trust and faith as my protector.  I have my God, His Word, the Holy Spirit, and the church, including my brothers and sisters in Christ, to protect me and my family.  Help me be the Spiritual Leader of my household to protect my family from sin.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and ONLY You have and can protect myself and my family from sin...yet I often place my faith in my own abilities or I get lazy and fall down in my duties as Spiritual Leader of the household.  Forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer and the remaining side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.