Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The vineyard of the Lord Almighty is the nation of Israel, and the people of Judah are the vines he delighted in.

Dad Son Relationship
Isaiah 5

The vineyard of the Lord Almighty is the nation of Israel, and the people of Judah are the vines he delighted in. v7

This morning's devotion gave me a new found appreciation for the role God plays as my heavenly father. As I desire for my son to make me proud when he demonstrates Godly qualities, God has this same desire for me.  As a believer, I've always known that I wanted to please God but this morning this has taken on a new meaning - and I have a greater desire to make my Father in Heaven proud both as son of Him and as a earthly father of Zach and Dustin.

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

...

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

My Prayer:Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God - author of all creation, full of compassion, mercy, love, etc., and the best Father anyone could ever ask for.  Thank You for being everything that I could ever ask for and need in a Father.  You are always there, have guidance for all the days in my life, never let me down, etc.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I am not worth such a Father.  I disappoint...my worry, stress, anxiety, etc. continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me be the father You intend for me.  Help me be the son You intend for me.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.