Friday, December 4, 2015

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.

Satan Hates to be Seen
Hebrews 1

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. v3

Today's devotion encourages us to feed ourselves not just by food, water but also by the Word of God which as the above scripture states "sustains all things".  Part of the sustenance that God provides is protection from Satan for Just as Jesus was evil to repel Satan in the wilderness by quoting scripture (see Matthew 4), we too will defeat sin in our lives by being rooted in God and His word (John 15).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God and You are the ultimate sustainer and protector...I need no other provider, no other God except You.  Yet too often I worry - please forgive me Jesus.  Thank You for how You have been so gracious and patient with me but I continue to worry and be impatient.  Forgive me and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the remaining side effects from chemo and radiation.   Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, Dustin, and You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.