Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.

Psalm 54

Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. v4

Life, from an earthly sense, does not slow down and there are many days when it seems chaotic, stressful, etc.  It is in these moments when God is there to slow us down...to help us recognize that life should revolve around Him...after all He is the giver and sustainer of life and all things.

 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.  Colossians 1:15-17

My Prayer: Lord, You DO hold all things together. Apart from You I can do nothing.  Yet here I am a sinner - worrying about what I should have done...what I can do...and this worry is sinful!  I am grateful for Your patience, mercy, compassion, gentleness, etc. I am not worthy of such love - please forgive me for my worry.  Help me overcome and turn from my worry and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.