Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Psalm 62

Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. v8

As a follow up to yesterday's post, we are encouraged to seek God as our refuge.  Today we read that as a means to seek God as our refuge, we are to "pour out [our] hearts to Him".  Prayer is powerful and effective.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

Prayer is an important spiritual discipline of all believers - for more scriptural references see here.

Speaking for myself, I know I can pray more often and more fervently.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God - You Reign!  You created all things, You are in all things, and You hold all things together.  You are WAY better at being in control than I am - my control is a total illusion!  I am so grateful for how You reign because You bless me, forgive me, and redeem my sin for my good and Your glory - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such mercy, grace and blessing...I continue to worry, get angry, and be impatient with others.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.