Monday, May 2, 2016

You, God, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you.

Psalm 69

You, God, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you. v5

God knows everything - He is omniscient.  Knowledge and wisdom comes from the Lord and we are to lean on Him (not ourselves) for our understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6).

He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.  He reveals deep and hidden things he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. Daniel 2:21-22

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.  Proverbs 2:6

 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:12-13

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Luke 8:17

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God - all truth, knowledge, wisdom and understanding comes from and flows through You.  I know apart from You I can do no good thing.  I know that when I stay near to You and abide in You that You will bless and You have - I am rich as You have blessed me beyond what I deserve.  Thank You Jesus for the many blessings in my life.  Yet I continue to sin as we all do and I am desperate need of cleansing...today and every day.  Forgive me for my lack of grace, impatience, etc. for others.  Forgive me for my pride and arrogance.  Help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.