Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”

Psalm 77

I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” v11-12

Key points are made here by the Psalmist - Asaph.  We must build and maintain our faith during the good times so that when the bad times hit we have a relationship that exists. 

We don't want to wait until times are bad to seek God...it may be too late:


I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. Revelation 3: 15-18

We must be mindful of how God blesses us DAILY and in particular what he did for us on the cross.


For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:19-20


My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are - all knowing, all powerful, ever present, and full of grace, mercy, love, compassion, kindness, etc.  ALL good and perfect gifts come from above - You!  Thank You for all the ways that You have and continue to bless me!  I am not worth such love and blessing as I continue to sin in ways where only You can transform my heart and my life.  Please forgive me for my pride, arrogance, lust, selfishness, anger, impatience, etc.  Help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.