Monday, August 8, 2016

At midnight I rise to give you thanks for your righteous laws.

Psalm 119

At midnight I rise to give you thanks for your righteous laws. v62 

Daily study and reflection on God's word is His desire for us.  He wants a relationship with us, and He commands us (Matthew 22:37-40) "to love Him with all of our heart, soul, and mind".  For us to honestly love God, we must KNOW Him.  As I posted here, scripture memorization is key and many believe it is the most critical practice we can undertake to know God and His character and all of His attributes.

We must believe that God is our daily sustenance and that we cannot live without Him.

See also verse 57: "You are my portion".

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. Psalm 16:5

We must depend on God - exactly like the Israelites relied on God in Exodus 16 when God provided manna to eat:

Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.’” Exodus 16:12

See also Matthew 6:9-15:
 
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come,your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God able to provide for ALL of my needs - I know with my head understanding that all good gifts come from above - from You.  Yet with my heart I become distracted by cares of this world.  Thank You that You love me but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.