Tuesday, August 9, 2016

It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.

Psalm 119

It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. v71

Pain, suffering, and hurt is always difficult, but it is during these times when we can see the goodness of God.  For me, God has used these times to purify me of my sin, to discipline, and to train me so that I can become more like Him.

My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Hebrews 12:5-6
 
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4
 
 See also posts here and here.
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus what an amazing God!  I deserve death, yet You are compassionate and patient with me, sparing me and instead training me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and compassion.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.